|PORTER BRIDGE: Constructed by the towns of Porter
and Parsonsfield in 1876, the bridge is located off Route
160, 0.5 miles south of Porter, spanning the Ossipee River.
BABB'S BRIDGE: Maine's oldest covered bridge
was constructed in 1843. Situated off the River Road,
2.5 miles north of South Windham, and 0.5 miles west
surrounded by the towns of Windham and Gorham above
the Presumpscot River. Destroyed by fire in 1973, it
has been rebuilt since that time
HEMLOCK BRIDGE: Constructed in 1857; situated
off Route 302 three miles northwest of East Fryeburg
in Fryeburg atop an old canal of the Saco River. Its
formation is of Paddleford truss with supporting wooden
SUNDAY RIVER BRIDGE: One of the most photographed
and painted admired covered bridges in Maine, known
as "The Artist's Bridge", constructed in 1872.
It is situated off Routes 26 and 2, about four miles
northwest of North Bethel in Newry, above the Sunday
LOVEJOY BRIDGE: The shortest bridge in Maine,
constructed above the Ellis River beside the town of
Andover, built in 1883. Located off Route 5 at South
Andover, this formation is of Paddleford truss and is
about 70 feet long.
LOW'S BRIDGE: This bridge was initially constructed
in 1857. It's situated off Routes 6 and 15, three quarters
of a mile east and one mile north of Sangerville. It's
located between the towns of Sangerville and Guilford,
atop the Piscataquis River. The bridge was washed away
by a flood in April 1987, and was recreated in 1990.
BENNETT BRIDGE: A relatively young bridge constructed
in 1901 over the Magalloway River. It's situated off
Route 16, one mile west of the fire station and grange
hall in Wilsons Mills.
ROBYVILLE BRIDGE: This is the only covered bridge
in Maine that is entirely shingled. Constructed in 1876,
it is situated off Route 15 in Robyville Village in
the town of Corinth. It's located about three miles
northwest of Kenduskeag Village over the Kenduskeag
WATSON SETTLEMENT BRIDGE: This bridge is the
furthest north and the newest covered bridge in Maine.
It was built in 1911 and is situated off Route 1 on
the way to Woodstock from Littleton, atop the Meduxnekeag
Stream in Littleton.